Well, the weather here in Michigan is definitely cooling down. I actually woke up the other day and had to grab a warm robe when I got out of bed. It was chilly in the house and no windows were opened.
I have to admit, I love these kinds of days. The leaves are really falling and changing colors. The air has a cool crisp feel and I can sense my inner “needing to prepare for nesting season” .
Here it is getting dark around 6:30 in the evening. When I am out and about at this time I pass homes with the lights coming on. Warm glows through windows. I always like to think of these homes as filled with happy families settling down for family dinner. I know, I am an optimist.
Once dinner is over, the kitchen is cleaned, family in pj’s and ready to watch a tv show or play a game, it’s fun to have a snack. It’s family time.
For a fun, thrifty family night, have a "Popcorn Tasting Evening". Pop up some popcorn, whether you use the microwave kind, an air popper, a regular popcorn popper or the way I make it, old fashion way on the stove top, pop a batch up.
Grab some brown paper lunch bags and pour some popcorn into each and then get creative!
Some ideas for toppings:
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar
- Melt butter and brown sugar until completely dissolved and pour over popcorn.
- Sprinkle with Ranch dry packet dressing
- Sprinkle with the cheese packet from Mac & cheese
- Or Italian dry dressing packet
- Sprinkle garlic salt or powder
- sprinkle with Italian seasoning
- Slowly toss with your favorite hot sauce or wing sauce
- toss in mini marshmallows and peanuts, drizzle with chocolate
- Warm up some jelly or jam and drizzle
- Same with any ice cream topping
- melt peanut butter and drizzle
- sprinkle and toss in a packet of dry cocoa mix
The flavorings are endless. Just see what you have in your cabinets and get creative. Let the kids come up with some ideas. And have fun!!
Thank you for stopping by for a visit! I hope you have a wonderful day!