Okay, so I did my little arrangement of the clearance flowers I got at Michaels and every time I passed the dining room table the arrangement screamed at me to do a tablescape to feature it! Seriously! It is a very boisterous arrangement!
So, just to shut the arrangement up, I did a tablescape! And just to show it who was boss, I decided to go retro.
I used vintage Mikasa dishes.
I found this set of dishes at a flea market last year.
Just fun and simple with a little leaf design.
A duo of napkins in a spade fold. I love the natural linen with the moss green edging. they are one of my favorite sets of napkins.
Some fun hand painted wood napkin rings.
Heavy green bubbled glasses.
A couple of cute gold bird in a tree stump candle holders.
A pretty simple table.
Natural bamboo placemats and a plain mossy green tablecloth.
The colors in this tablescape definitely lean towards the Autumn months. Not that I am done with summer yet!
But, like I said, the floral arrangement MADE me do this tablescape. LOL
So where did these table items come from?
- Mikasa Dishes – thrift store
- Mossy green tablecloth – new clearance at Walmart
- Natural placemats – reg. price of .59 cents each at CTS
- Natural linen with green edging napkins – thrift store
- Rust colored napkins – new clearanced at Walmart
- Wood painted napkin rings – thrift store
- Green bubble glasses – new clearance at CTS
- Flatware – new summer clearance at Kroger (.25 cents for a 3 piece setting!)
And because I am keeping myself in check these days by “loving and letting go” these fun retro Mikasa dishes are joining my Reverse-Thrifting party for September over at the TTG FB monthly party!
Putting the dishes back out there for someone else to enjoy and play with makes me smile.