Last year on November 11, I did a post stating I was ready to start selling off some of my treasures. You can read that post HERE. Well, the day after that post was the worst day of my life. That was the day Lia was taken. You can go back and read about that, I’m not going to relive it now. And for those of you who have been a part of this with me, no news regarding the Appeal yet.
Anyway, I apologize to those who wrote to me and asked about different items that I had shown on that post. To be perfectly honest, I was so far mentally gone that I shut down. Well, I am finally back on my feet. Yes, I functioned and for the most part went on with life but, the huge void in my heart was still front and center. Through support (and I include so many of you in that!) and prayer I am in a better place. I finally asked the Lord to help ease my pain and take over this tragic burden. I will continue to do anything and everything that I can humanly possibly do but, to move on with my life, I had to trust and release this into His hands. The Lord is there for me and answered my prayer. I want to thank each and every one of you who continue to keep us in your prayers. It has given me so much strength!
Okay, we are done with that part!
A couple of wonderful bloggers have created linky parties as a venue for folks to let others know what they have for sale.
Miss Debra from Common Ground has every Monday The Marketplace
And Miss Beverly from How Sweet the Sound has The Blog Shop on Tuesdays
I hope to do a “For Sale” post every Saturday (if life permits).
Here is some information regarding how I will be selling on this blog:
- If you are interested in an item, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to the “For Sale” post your item is on.
- I will state the price of the item as I show them.
- Where will I ship? Anywhere in the world as long as you are willing to pay the shipping costs!
- Shipping will be Priority Mail (for the most part). I will try to use the flat rate boxes as much as possible. You will receive the total price of the item and S&H prior to purchase.
- I will charge $1.50 as an additional fee for handling. Since most of my things are breakable, there will be a great deal of wrapping and trying to make these treasures as safe as possible to ship.
- I will accept Paypal, Money Orders or checks. Once these payments methods are cleared, the items will be shipped.
- Unless an item is marked “NEW” all my items are second hand/used items.
- I will ALWAYS tell you if there are any flaws on an item prior to payment!
- Since most of my things are dishes and table related, I will try to include a link to a tablescape using those items (when at all possible)
- When I show something for sale here, it will remain until the following month and then I will remove and place it into a public selling format.
- Feel free to ask questions before buying an item.
Okay, I think that is most of the information I have. I know that all sounded very blunt but, I want to be straight up and honest from the “get go”. And now I don’t have to go over any of this again. I will include a link to this post on every “For Sale” post I do so you can refer back to it.
My blog is a place I enjoy and for the most part try to keep light and on the positive side of life. I have no intention in turning this into a “look at my stuff! Want to buy it?!” kind of blog. But, like I said in my Nov. 11 post, it is time to let go of some of my treasures and of course, free up space to buy new treasures! And make a little money. Sharing with my blog readers first just makes sense to me.
So check back here on Saturdays for my weekly “For Sale” post!
Here are the flat rate priority mail box prices: $16.85 ￼ Priority Mail® Large Flat Rate Box 23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3" 12" x 12" x 5-1/2" $14.85 to APO/FPO/DPO $12.35 ￼ Priority Mail® Medium Flat Rate Box 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" $5.80 ￼ Priority Mail® Small Flat Rate Box 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8 See you tomorrow for….