Oh, I am so excited for this week’s party! It took everything I had not to post this earlier in the week. LOL So, today’s thriftiness is grocery shopping! Yup, that’s what I said, grocery shopping.
Isn’t that a place we all need to be a little thrifty? I am definitely not an “Extreme Couponer” but, I am a very good couponer and have been pretty much my whole life.
Last year I partnered up with General Mills and MyBlogSpark for the big Kroger Mega Sale. They provided me with a gift card and one for a giveaway.
These two shopping trips were part of my thriftiness at this sale.
You can see this Kroger shopping trip at this post.
This is what I got:
12 - Boxes of cereal
8 - boxes of Betty Crocker Brownie Mixes
3 - bags of Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes
9 - Hamburger Helpers
2 - Betty Crocker Delights
2 - Pillsbury Toaster Strudels
8 - Pillsbury Crescent rolls
4 - Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
5 - Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls
2 - dozen boxes of Donuts
1 - Package of dinner rolls
My total before sales and coupons was = $131.43
After sales and coupons, my out of pocket was = $38.97
Here was my second Kroger shopping trip. You can read the full post HERE.
Total before sale prices & coupons: $109.99
After Mega Sale discounts and all my coupons: $29.74!!
I was so excited! I must admit, when I was watching everything get rung up, I started to sweat a bit. LOL
This is what I got:
10 - 4 packs of Yoplait Fiber One Yogurt
3 - 4 packs of Yoplait Delights Parfait Yogurts
1 - Yoplait Whipped Yogurt
4 - Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
6 - Boxes of Hamburger Helper
8 - Boxes of Betty Crocker Brownie Mixes
2 - Bags of Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes
2 - Boxes of Quaker True Delights Bars
1 - Bag of Quaker Rice Cake Snacks
2 - SoBe Life Waters
1 - Betty Crocker Warm Delights
2 - Boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
1 - Box of Trix Cereal
1 - Bag of Baked Lays Chips
I had a total of 44 items and everything but the SoBe water & the single Yoplait yogurt was part of the Mega Sale. So, I was able to get $20.00 ($5.00 for each 10 participating products) off my bill right away.
Was that fun or what!
Click on the Kroger logo above to go to the Kroger site for more info. Plus go there to get LOTS of coupons! Click on the General Mills logo above to go to their website and also gets LOTS of coupons!
Here are some details about this awesome Kroger even:
- From July 31st through August 17th save on tons of brands across more than 100 categories from General Mills, PepsiCo, Unilever, Heinz, Mars, Wrigley and Kimberly Clark.
- Look for some of your favorite participating products like, Honey Nut Cheerios, Yoplait , Pillsbury Pepsi, Doritos, Gatorade, Smart Ones, Ore-Ida, Cottonelle, Viva, Breyer´s Ice Cream, Axe , Snickers, Pedigree and Orbit.
- Look for big savings storewide at the Kroger Family of Stores, which includes Kroger, Ralphs, King Scoopers, City Market, Dillons, Smith´s, Fry´s, QFC, Baker´s, Owen´s, Jay C Food Stores, Hilander, Gerbes, Food4Less, Fred Meyer, Pay Less Supermarkets and Scott´s food & Pharmacy.
Don´t let the savings stop there! Make sure to follow the Cartbuster "Deal of the Day" beginning August 3rd and running through August 16th.* Download exclusive offers, on more of your favorite brands, directly to your shopper card, by visiting www.cartbuster.com, beginning Wednesday, August 3rd.
Remember, www.cartbuster.com is your link to all of the details, savings and the special "Deal of the Day" offers for the Cart Buster Savings Event, exclusively at the Kroger Co. Family of Stores. The Cart Buster Savings event beginning July 31st. "Deal of the Day" offers begin August 3rd.
*Please be sure to check your local Kroger Co. Family of Stores for participating dates and deals. The Deal of the Day promotion is not valid at: Fred Meyer or Food 4 Less.
I want you to get the very best bang for your free $25.00! So, here are a couple of coupon sites to get even more coupons for your shopping spree!
Cellfire (upload directly to your Kroger card! No clipping!)
I have used all the above coupon sites for awhile now. Of course, don’t forget your Sunday paper inserts.
How to enter to win a $25.00 Kroger Gift Card?
- Leave a comment on this post telling me one of your favorite things to stock up on at the grocery store.
- Be a Follower or sign up as a new follower and leave a comment
- Follow me on Facebook (see side bar) and leave a comment
- Follow me on Twitter (see side bar) and leave me a comment
- Join this weeks “Thrifty Things Friday” party and enter an addition 3 times! (just leave 3 separate comments saying” I linked up #1”, “I linked up #2” and “I linked up #3”)
- Mention this giveaway on your blog, Twitter or Facebook and come back here and leave a comment with the link.
Unfortunately, this giveaway will only be available to US residents.
Because I want you to be able to take advantage of this awesome Cartbuster sale, this giveaway time frame is going to be short! I want the Sponsor to have enough time to mail you your gift card!
Giveaway ends at Midnight (EST) on Sunday, July 31, 2011
**The winner will be notified by email and will have 24 hours to respond with their mailing address. I am leaving for vacation on Tuesday and will be gone almost two weeks and will probably not have internet access. So, I have to have this info before I leave!
For more info on this awesome sale, check out:
Disclosure: The Kroger gift card, information, and giveaway have been provided by Kroger and General Mills through MyBlogSpark. they provided me with a gift card as well as offering one for a giveaway. all opinions are my own.
**Just a little tease, next week I have another $25.00 store gift card giveaway! Lots of fun coming up!**
Okay, since this post is so long with lots of info, I will not be doing “featured posts” this week. Sorry :(
Let's see all your awesome thriftiness!